Click to Download
Upcoming Couples' Retreat Dates
- About Kathleen
- About Imago
join my newsletter
Couples' Retreat Details
This weekend retreat in the Rocky Mountains is facilitated by Kathleen Cowan, a certified Imago Relationship Therapist and is hosted at either the Grande Rockies Resort or Solara Mountain Resort in Canmore.
It is composed of a carefully constructed blend of educational lectures, group discussions, self-exploration and writing work.
"Illuminating! I feel closer to my partner and understand him in a way I simply could not without the Imago dialogue."
You will learn new skills - effective ways to communicate that will allow you to truly listen and gain a new understanding of each other with compassion. You will be able to change negative patterns, moving away from conflict to appreciation thus enhancing the safety and connection. Having achieved this, the passion and pleasure is renewed in your relationship.
A significant portion of the workshop is spent privately practicing these new tools with your partner. While you are invited to share your insights and experiences within the larger group, all such sharing is optional. The weekend is composed of:
- Short lectures about the dynamics of intimate relationships
- Individual reflection and writing
- Demonstrations of new communication skills and time to privately practice these new tools with your partner
Days: Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday
Hours: 1:00pm – 6:00 pm Friday (registration 12:45pm)
9:00 am – 6:00 pm Saturday
9:00 am – 4:00pm Sunday
There is a 1.5 hour lunch break
Light refreshments will be provided
There will be some homework on Saturday evening
Couples are on their own for meals
Things to consider:
This weekend retreat is designed to create a safe and comfortable environment for all participants. Your privacy is important. We encourage you to participate to your comfort level and you are not required to speak in front of the large group.
You will have several opportunities to work alone and with your partner. Support therapists are available to assist you and answer your questions throughout the weekend. Confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
This workshop is intended to be educational; it is not intended to be a substitute for therapy. It has been utilized by thousands of couples in twenty countries and is now available on five continents.
This weekend is not a quick fix. It is a realistic understanding of the path to a safe and passionate partnership, a roadmap of the journey, and the tools needed to get you there.
All couples are welcome regardless of marital status or sexual orientation.
What you can expect:
- A safe and supportive environment that respects your privacy
- Understanding the predictable stages of relationships, including the inevitable frustrations and struggles that occur in all intimate relationships
- A deeper understanding of how your personal history impacts your current relationship
- To learn to communicate your feelings, needs and desires without causing pain
- A workbook designed by Harville Hendrix that is yours to use and keep
- To rediscover the depth of your passion and joy (or perhaps to experience it for the first time)
Many people find the weekend retreats to be an excellent experience that transforms their relationships forever. In learning this “new way to love…” you will make a difference in ALL of your relationships.
“I have found that when my relationships work, everything else in my life works.”
Alanis Morisette - Singer and Trained Imago Educator